Do you think the summers in Arizona are really all that bad?* If you’ve lived elsewhere, how does the weather compare? Would you move to a cooler climate if you could?
*Of course not all of Arizona has extreme summers. Higher elevations experience much milder temperatures!
22 Notes/ Hide
- hopelesslove45 answered:I live in NJ and the summers can be some so uncomfortable b/c its so humid! I would love to live somewhere not so muggy in the summer
- thesecondgleam answered:i lived in arizona for 8 years - & yes, the summers are terrible. you don’t want to go outside at all. i live in pennsylvania now & prefer it
- thepilotandthesky answered:Southern Arizona and Northern Arizona should be two separate states. Phoenix summers are the worst but Flagstaff summers are amazing!
- vixaliciouss answered:Summers in Phx suck. But it’s super easy to drive 2 hours up North and BAM, green forests :D You can’t do that in some other states =]
- confectionsandconfessions answered:I’ve only ever visited Arizona, but I’ve had no problem coping with 115 degree temperatures. It’s humidity that’s oppressive.
- firerose19 answered:I just went through my first AZ summer (is it even over?), and it was pretty bad. I’m from CT, where it doesn’t get quite as hot. and yes.
- tashepard likes this
- twothirdschrist answered:I was born and raised in the East Valley and moved to Tennessee about six months ago. all I can say is humidity sucks.
- forest-mazeofnostalgia answered:ive lived in cali, nevada, and az. my fave is cali but i can bear the heat of az when im in its beautiful lakes
- catcubus answered:I lived in Tucson for little over 3 years. California (where I’m from) is way better!
- ktaemas answered:i live in california, but i visit the mojave frequently. dry heat doesn’t bother me a bit, even at 120°! much better than humidity, i love it
- bronconova answered:I live in Rhode Island and our summers are mild but really muggy. I was in Tucson a few summers ago and it was a really dry heat I loved it.
- thatswiththefortunateonly answered:Being from Gilbert, I find it awful to go outside during the summer and stay inside at all costs. I just hate the sticky sweaty feeling :(
- lo-vedove answered:i dont mind the summers but i hate when it’s humid
- darkelitekaren answered:I was born and raised in Tucson, and I’ll take Arizona summers over anything! Humidity kills me, and I freeze below 70 F, haha.
- arizomars answered:Oh goodness, I’ll take 115 degree dry heat anyday. I lived in az until this summer and humidity is awful. I miss my desert!
- vouxcroux answered:When I moved to Midwest ppl asked me how i coped. I said hot summer/cold winter not too different. Wear right clothes, don’t go outdoors
- redcloud answered:Yes. If my son’s mom and grandparents weren’t in metro Phoenix, I’d move to northern AZ (Verde Valley or Flagstaff)
- arizonanature posted this